SUPPORT FRONTLINE WOMEN FROM EKTA PARISHAD INDIA FOR COVID RELIEF
Large parts of India are facing massive crises dealing with an unparalleled surge of Covid-19 infections, making it difficult for women and families to access health care, oxygen, and vaccines. A large number of people are struggling with basic needs: food, ambulance and transportation, and medicine.
Jai Jagat International calls for solidarity with the victims and with the network of grassroots responders who are arranging alternative healthcare and community facilities for those severely affected by the over flooded hospitals.
In this crisis, every contribution counts and will be received with gratitude. Thanks to those who already given funds. Help us to raise $100,000 to use in the next two months. This will help to provide immediate interventions including: (1) Home Care; (2) Village-Based Isolation Units; and (3) Emergency Health and Medical Intervention.
Women are acting as frontline workers in the communities especially in the area of Home Care.
- Providing generic medicine to treat side effects of mild symptoms of infection or post-vaccination fever.
- Production and Distribution of PPE (Protective equipment) especially masks.
- Arrange ready-to-eat food for food-insecure vulnerable children as schools are now closed.
- Arrange food packets for families for two weeks with special attention to single women headed households, those with disabilities.
- Arrange immune boosting local recipes and ayurvedic preparations such as kadha (Kapha Sura Kudineer) and Pancha choornam.
VILLAGE-BASED ISOLATION CENTRES
- Establishing village isolation spaces for patients (schools, community halls) to help patients at non-critical stages of infection.
- Provision of dari (carpet), bed-sheets and towels from Ekta Parishad khadi stock centres.
- Arrange water tankers to water-scarce villages.
- Coordinating with local officials especially local panchayat leaders.
- Arrange a fleet of vehicles to ensure emergency response of workers.
- Assist EP frontline workers with their health needs.
EMERGENCY HEALTH/MEDICAL INTERVENTIONS
- Linking with nursing schools, medical colleges, hospitals, to facilitate access to communities and to reinforce safe response protocols.
- Provision of steamers, oxi-concentrators (10 litres), and oxi-meters for ensuring respiration is controlled.
- Arrangement of a few ambulances for transporting medical professionals and critical patients to district level hospitals.
- Arrangement of vaccination camps with health officials, building people’s confidence to take vaccination, dispelling myths and mistrust about vaccines.
We appreciate the effort of people who have donated from different countries and those planning to donate. People are reducing COVID-19 through their support. We invite you all to contribute to this cause.
Depending on your location, you can donate to any one of the following sites, either directly to India or to a country of your choice:
Foreign Contribution Account:
Mahatma Gandhi Seva Ashram (MGSA)
Account Number: 4007030024000
SWIFT Code: SBININBB104
(More than US$1000; Smaller donations are welcome in host countries.)
Toronto Dominion Bank
Acct. No. 5247238
E-transfer at email address: IGINP.Canada@gmail.com.
Or to the GoFundMe Canada site: https://www.gofundme.com/f/supporting-frontline-women-in-india
Go to the donate page, to pay through Paypal or by Card
Tax receipts are issued upon request.
There is a US Go Fund Me option as well. Here it is, for inclusion.
A.V.I. | Mercy Home asbl
IBAN: BE02 5230 4939 8640
“Solidarity Jai Jagat Covid”
IBAN : CH33 0070 0111 3000 6492 4
BIC/SWIFT : ZKBKCHZZ80A
Freunde von Ekta Parishad e.v.
IBAN: DE45 4401 0046 0645 2884 67
Mouvement pour une Alternative Non-violente | MAN Lyon
General account number, without tax deduction:
Association Jai Jagat International asbl (Belgium)
IBAN: BE05 7320 5196 5375
FRONTLINE WOMEN WORKERS IN INDIA
PLEASE JOIN US On Tuesday, May 11th
We also invite you to join us in a live field report on TUESDAY MAY 11th AT 12PM (EST) / 6PM (CET) / 9:30 (IST) TO OUR VIRTUAL MEETING Frontline Women Workers in India. We will learn first hand what people on the ground are doing. The link to zoom for registration is:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.